Please be aware that the Site is not intended for children and the Site does not intend to collect any personally identifiable information from children. Only adults should provide us with such information.
1. What information does the Site gather and/or track about you?
When you visit the Site, there are two types of identifiable information you might provide to us: (A) information that you share, and (B) website use information collected by us.
A. Shared Information. Brightwire collects certain information from you in order to provide you with your subscription service. This includes such things as identifying information (such as name and email address); certain geographic information that allows us to provide time zone-appropriate news; and information about your interests (i.e., the companies, events, and industries of interest to you) that allows us to provide news that is relevant and material to you. To the extent that you start a dialog with Brightwire and choose to share information as part of that dialog, we may retain that information as well.
B. Website Use Information. In addition to Shared Information, the Site gathers other website usage information that may be used by Brightwire or shared with third parties. This information may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer. Generally this information is collected through traffic data reports and may entail the use of “cookies,” “beacons,” “IP addresses,” or other numeric codes used to identify a computer and/or a computer user.
- Cookies and beacons are pieces of data stored on the user’s computer. The only personally identifiable information is information you supply yourself. You can refuse most cookies by turning them off in your browser, and you can also set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies. To enhance your experience, the Site employs cookies to recognize you and to simplify your access privileges on the Site, as well as to track usage of the Site. We also contract with third-party vendors to provide us with data collection and reporting regarding our users’ activities on the Site – i.e., “traffic analysis.” Users who do not accept cookies from the Site may not be able to access the Site.
- IP Addresses and Log Files: The Site also logs IP addresses for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. (Your IP address indicates the location of your computer on the internet. It is not necessarily a unique personal identifier.) The Site does not generally link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable.
2. How can you “opt out” of providing personally identifying information?
You may “opt out” altogether from providing personally identifying information to us by not registering as a user of the Site. If you choose not to register or provide mandatory information in the registration form, the Site will not be accessible to you.
3. What does the Site do with the information it gathers and/or tracks?
- Providing services to you: We use collected information to provide you with relevant news.
- Statistical Analysis: Brightwire and its agents may perform statistical analyses of user behavior to measure interest in the various areas of the Site (for product development purposes, as well as for internal management purposes).
- E-mail: Brightwire may send you information about the Site or its services. We may also contact you regarding account status, changes to the subscriber agreement, and/or to confirm registration.
4. How does the Web site protect its content and user information?
Brightwire takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect our users’ information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to protect the information we collect online, including encryption security for credit card submissions. Such commercially reasonable precautions, however, do not absolutely guarantee the absolute protection of your personally identifying information. You must understand that there will always be some risk that any personally identifying information that you provide to us may be released without our permission or knowledge.
5. With whom does the Site share the information it gathers?
Brightwire does not share the information it gathers with any third parties. We may share information about you, including personally identifying information, if sought by legal process or requested by law enforcement, or in order to protect the rights and property of Brightwire or the safety of our users or the public, or to protect against unauthorized use of our site.